Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Quilt Show Prep

I got the first of six quilts done on the long arm, the Triple Irish Chain.  This is the quilt that I started in 2007 when we were in the process of listing the house to move south.  It got tucked into a box for a couple years after moving...like 5...but eventually I pulled it out and started working on it while Ben was in the hospital.  Then a year later (last month), I finally got it out and put the outer border on it.

I was thinking about stitching across the chains and doing a lovely medallion in the center of each white area, but knew that it would take a month to finish something like that.  I hunted around and found a long arm continuous pattern that fit into the "Irish" theme.

I have to squeeze in a customer quilt, which I have loaded up on the long arm already (though I had to run out to get some blue thread to finish it), then I have a couple of choices.  I have the Modern Jelly Roll Race, the Pineapple Party, and a couple scrappy quilts to finish before April 25th.  I'm hoping I can get one done every few days--two a week would be nice.

Tomorrow we need to attend a funeral.  It's sad, especially since I think she wasn't that old...although when I do the math, she was 72 and had some significant health issues for a long time.  She was such a colorful woman with tons of energy and enthusiasm; a real zest for life, music, and the arts.  RIP, Carol.  I don't know when we'll be getting home; I was hoping I could make it to the quilt guild meeting in the evening, but I don't expect we'll be able to get into town early enough.  I talked to Debra, an SCA and quilt buddy, who said that she could deliver my stuff to the meeting--the quilt show forms and the swap squares--and I'll take her out for coffee next week or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.