Monday, March 24, 2014

Happy Birthday To Me

The day started like any other Monday, kids waking, medicines taken, and driving everyone to school. Three kids and not a one of em remembered it was my birthday. Sigh.

Took some time to seek out some Geocaches and have a cuppa from Starbucks, but as soon as I got home to get a fresh battery for my phone, I got a call from Cammie saying she was sick and she wanted to come home. I picked her up and brought her home, but that put an end to the cache hunt for the day.

Saturday, I had several people over for a party to celebrate another rotation around the sun. In all, about a dozen people came by to wish me well and share in some cake and burgers and Jello Brains. Everyone left at an early hour...by 10 pm...surely a sign that my friends are old.
On Sunday, Kelly and I watched the Sounders game and some other TV shows while I knitted on my Olympic cardigan.  I'm happy to say that the Sounders won!  And I got about 2 inches knitted on the sweater.  It's slow going since the two color patterns take some concentration.  1 light, 2 dark, 1 light, 3 dark, 2 light...

Going to get another quilt on the racks, ready to get done up.  Hopefully I'll stay on track to get two quilts a week done.  I have four quilts set aside to get done for customers in the next couple of weeks, but still have six more of my own to get done by mid-April as well.  TEN quilts!

Wish me luck...I'm goin' in!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Karen! The sweater is looking lovely. Hope Cammie is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Karen! Sorry your family forgot. I hope they made up for later in the day. Hope Cammie's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.