Monday, February 24, 2014

COOOKIEEEEES!

I haven't done any new quilting, but I got two new jobs to work on.  Just when I think I'll have time to work on my own stuff, more customers appear.  I guess I'll have to count my blessings, right?


The Girl Scout cookies came in!  We helped unload them from the pallets.  By my estimation, there were over 5,000 cases of cookies here.  I couldn't even get all the cookies into one photo--I got the girls to pose with the cookies on the right.  Both of them were helping unload the boxes.



I finished working on my customer's quilt.  The piece was beautiful and quilted up pretty well until the very end when one of the borders was just a bit too long.  I made some adjustments (for no charge) and finished it up.  When I gave it back to the owner, I made the full disclosure and that I didn't charge her extra...and she said that's why she keeps coming back to me.  Yey!  Score one for customer service!


Emma got a haircut!  She's so darn cute!


Saturday was "Ragnarok"--according to Facebook legend--so I invited my gal-pal over for a day of beadwork!   We took a road trip to Seattle to visit a glass shop.  Great for emergencies, but the prices are a little higher and selection is more limited than mail ordering from Frantz.  I just didn't want to wait for bead release to arrive, so we drove down to check out the store.  OK, first we went to the local place and were horribly disappointed by their lack of knowledge and lampworking supplies.


This is what I got while I was there.  I picked up a couple sticks of a dark, dark green...it was $65 a pound, but I only got about $8 worth.  I realized after working with it that it wasn't worth the money.  Ah, well.  I'll see if I can make anything interesting out of it.



Here are some of the beads I made.  Heide saw the two beads near the left that look like cranberries and commissioned 10 of them, so I got right on that.




This is one of the cooler ones...the turquoise has a chemical reaction with the yellow glass, making the black outlines.  I may have to get more of the turquoise...that's so cooooool!

So with that, I have to be ready to teach to a group of Kindergarteners tomorrow (art) and later, work on the first of the two quilts for my customers.  Another busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.