Saturday, February 1, 2014

Frigga Lives!

I have gone into detail on my SCA blog, but thought I'd mention my activities from the last 48 hours.  In short, I wanted to build a loom to weave fabric for a clothing project.  I was going to put it off until summer, but I just couldn't.  After doing some research, I found that not only was the supply list short, but I had just about everything in the garage already.  After a few adjustments, I made this!

While I may watch the Big Game tomorrow, I may end up starting some weaving on a band to start weaving on the loom.  Hard to explain, but essentially, you weave a band that becomes the selvege edge of the fabric at the top.  The warp strings are woven into the band, which hang down and are tied to weights.  I'll take pictures when it's all warped up.

Other than that, I'm one week into a low-carb diet.  I've gone back to the no potato, no pasta, no rice, no bread, no corn diet.  It's kind of a South Beach thing, I guess.  Lots of fruit and veggies, meat, dairy...I still have to work on cutting back on the sugar.

Tired though....this is my one weekend off in four.  More sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.