Tuesday, February 18, 2014

End of Mid-Winter Break

For some odd reason, the school systems out West deem it necessary to have a couple days off in the middle of February.  They chose a 3-day weekend and made it into a 4-day weekend, so they're really only getting one extra day off.  It gives me a chance to sleep in a bit, so I'm not complaining...

After getting each of the kids to do one chore (a miracle!) I got the last pieces cut and sewn to make the border for the Jewel Box quilt.  This finishes the diamonds around the edge but caps off the chains.  I really like the look of it!


This now makes 7 UFO quilt tops that are waiting to be quilted, including one customer quilt.  I also received a note from a friend who may have another one for me by Thursday.  I have to get busy!!

No progress on the knitting today, but there it is.  Maybe tomorrow, although it's a short day for school and I really need to get some work done on my customer's quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.