Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sick House


While I'm under the weather, and it's not horrible, just uncomfortable with a sore throat and cough.  Not something that'll keep me from doing the things I have to do, but enough to make me want to do very little else.  I got Cammie's Girl Scout quilt on the frame after piecing the back together with the leftover fabrics, but I haven't yet cut the batting for it, but it'll be done tomorrow.  If I get the energy.

In the meantime, we are remodeling the kids' bathroom.  We have an odd collection of furnishings in the hallway...It started out with wanting to change the floor to make it more waterproof and putting into a better fan.  It turned into replacing the vanity, mirrors, lights, a paint job (which it really needs), and putting in heated floors.  We picked out the tile yesterday and today I got the vanity & top, and we got the heated floor coils.

Our handyman tore up the bathroom today and found a lot of water damage near the tub--no surprise.  We still need to bleach the walls, seal & paint, pick out lights and mirrors, and sometime next week, the vanity & granite top will show up.  We're trying to do this on the cheap, or at least as frugally as possible.  We found a neighborhood cabinet and granite place that is selling pieces that are better quality and half the price of the big box stores.  Funny enough, as I was picking out the vanity, one of my neighbors stopped in at the tiny store!  She's doing her bathroom, too.  Small world...

Gotta get to bed.  Long day of nothing tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I hope your cold passes quickly. I think I'm finally feeling better enough to start tackling the next quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.