Monday, February 4, 2013

Low Rant District

Normally I don't post two days in a row.  Must be a record for 2013!  At least for February.

I started this morning getting everyone off to school on time, then went to seek Geocaches.  I found three in rather quick succession.  Go me!  Monday that doesn't feel like a Monday!  What a concept!  One of them was officially "disabled" because it needed repair, but it was still in place.

Went home and loaded up a quilt on the frame and babysat the handyman while he put another coat of mud on the holes he made in the ceiling.  Due to flooding in the bathroom upstairs, the drywall sagged and we were concerned with the possibility of mold.  He made a couple holes and there was no mold, just rusty nails.  He's patching those areas and will repaint...I think.  He's a talker, but he's very interesting.  He loves history and greatly admires quilts...so he can stay. :)  I realized that I didn't have the right thread for the back of Lauri's quilt, so I headed out to get some thread.  I tried to locate a couple geocache sites...came close to a couple, but not quite...  I was running out of time, so I went to get the kids from school.

I tried to find another geocache after dark, one that I've tried to find several times already, one that appears to be mis-marked on the GPS because there's nothing there but a crack in the sidewalk...and not big enough to fit anything into.  Not sure what else I can do...so I'm probably going to go back one more time in daylight and then give up.  The owner says that it's not terribly difficult to find, but there are a number of people who say that they can't find it.  I know the owner reads the comments, so I posted as much, and that I suspect the coordinates are off because where the GPS says it is and where a photo indicates it is are at least 10 feet apart.  The hints are not as helpful as one would think, either.  "Between Starbucks and B&R."  WTF is B&R?  No business in the area is called B&R.  Nothing even starts with B or R.  Or does it mean "bus stop" and "road"?  I dunno.

After all the karate and dinner clean up, I went onto Facebook and read stuff, made a comment on a page, and was *again* lambasted for my stupidity on current events and the environment.  It wasn't even an opinion--it was a quote from a scientific article and a "food for thought" comment, and she tells me to stop watching FOX news.  So, I made a rather drastic move, for me, and stopped the feed on one of the more poisonous individuals in my friend list.  I didn't unfriend her; I just won't see any more of the drivel she posts and won't feel compelled to comment. Life's too short for so much hate.  There are a couple more contenders that may follow that same path, should the need arise.  It's too bad because occasionally she posts funny stories about kids and pictures of the amazing things she makes...but mostly it's political crap.

Off to bed.  Hopefully Tuesday will be as awesome as Monday started (not the way it ended).  Looks like rain tomorrow, so no Geocaching for me, but I have brown thread so I can work on Lauri's blue and white quilt (the back is chocolate brown, as you can see from this picture).  I love this scrappy quilt top--the color combination reminds me of blue jeans and white t-shirts...
These are a few of my favorite things...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.