Thursday, July 11, 2013

More Busy Days

Yesterday was about as much chaos as I could handle.  Appointments from 10 am to 7:30 pm kept me running all day with barely a moment to relax.  OK, the first two hours I spent some time Geocaching with the little kids, then it was dentists, karate, driving practice, and more karate.  Today's GC adventure required a pair of tongs and a loooooong reach for a magnetic watch battery sized cache.  The second one is apparently hanging off a pedestrian bridge, which I am going to try again to find tomorrow.  I was very close to having it in my hands, but I ran out of time before I explored all avenues.

I've got some deadlines looming still, and I have to be at home for just a few days to get caught up.  I have a flannel quilt to finish, about 15 more beads to make, and two tunics (which I've been told I can send late if necessary).  I also have to but a binding on a quilt for the show at the end of the month.  A giant quilt.  King size.  It's going to take some time to sew down the binding on the back as well as get a hanging sleeve on it.

Today I made a few beads:
 
Mine are all the blue and white ones.  The other three were made by Bekah.  I posted the first picture on my FB page and of course, everyone is gushing about how pretty the black, red, and yellow ones are.  Ah well.  The swirly ones are really cool.  Bekah said she saw someone making ones like that and I had to try it.  The first one (on the right) was a little...meh...and I thought I needed to make fewer and bigger blobs...and it WORKED!  The center line got all squiggley!  It's awesome!  I'm going to try it tomorrow in the three colors and see how it works with those.

After I finish the red quilt.

Off to sleep for a few hours before the day gets off to a crazy start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.