Thursday, January 24, 2013

Quick Late-Night Update

I finished up the purple, white and green woven band.  It's 1.5 cm wide and 4 yards long.  I've seen people listing this sort of thing on Etsy for about $45, but theirs are usually 3 yards long, so I figure at $15 a yard, I can charge $60.  Hopefully I can make a couple of sales over the weekend.  I know I have one commissioned piece that will be picked up this weekend.  If I can make four or five sales, I'll be in good shape!

After wrapping up the ends, I warped up another piece using the same pattern, but instead of the 4-forward, 4-back design, it's a 6-forward, 6-back.  It makes a really cool diamond-and-X pattern.

Not a lot more to say about what I'm doing.  Gotta get some paperwork together, some sets of Turkish and Viking clothing for displays, and the weaving stuff to work on while I'm there.  It looks like I won't be doing my Costumer's Guild stuff.  I haven't garnered any judges, and will probably have to make a few adjustments to the documentation and might have to re-make a couple pieces or make different items altogther.  I'm going to bring it with me and have some of it on display, so if it gets organized at the last minute, I'll have it on hand and can be ready to present at a moment's notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.