Friday, March 16, 2012

Home Again

We were finally released on day 15 and came home around dinnertime.  We dropped everything in the living room and collapsed into our comfortable routines.  I made spaghetti for dinner.

Ben slept a lot and then played X-box a lot.

Emma got oral surgery.  Then she played X-box a lot.

Cammie's fine. :)  She's had nothing removed or implanted.

I've spent the last couple of days putting together class handouts for the upcoming Ithra session--I had volunteered to teach one class on wool dyeing (Kool Aid!), but I ended up volunteering to teach another class on Pattern Drafting. I don't know if the previously scheduled instructor (who is coming Saturday but can't stay Sunday due to a last-minute work schedule change) is bringing handouts, so I threw together nine pages of images, links and a little bit of text.  I'm thinking that we'll talk about measurements, adding wiggle room and seam allowance, and drawing up body blocks.  I had two other instructors cancel all their classes; one was on a cross-country trip when their RV broke down 3000 miles away and the part they need wasn't available until *yesterday*, so they're either still getting it fixed, or finally heading back in this direction...but they couldn't get here for at least 4 days, unless they take turns driving for two straight days and nights...and I don't think they're that crazy.  The other instructor has severe allergies to cats and can't come teach at the location where we are having the session.  Unfortunately the previous location was going to cost $600 for the weekend and we didn't get anywhere near enough registrations to cover it.

SO, long story short, we are going to have about 20 students hanging out together over St. Paddy's day weekend.  Gotta wear my GREEN garb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.