Monday, March 12, 2012

Club Med, Day...uh...14.

Ben got his button surgery today, aka the G-tube.  He was originally scheduled to have the surgery at 1:00, but it was bumped to an earlier time slot, which meant that Kelly was already running late.  I texted him to let him know that they were moving the schedule up and he wrote back saying that he was on his way.  They started prepping him around 8:00 (and letting both of us sleep while they washed him down with the chlorhexidine wipes) and we were headed downstairs a little after 9:15.  The surgery started around 10:00 and Kelly and I met up for a little breakfast, and they were done by 11:30 or so.  We grabbed a light lunch and headed back to the room, where they brought him back to recover.  He's been sleeping on and off all afternoon.

I'd take a picture and post it, but he's pretty sensitive about showing it to anyone, even the doctors.  If I could, I would, along with the caption, "Baby's first piercing".  It would be funny.  I'd chuckle to myself.

I'm really tired of confined spaces and really sick of cafeteria food.  What I wouldn't give for a good steak right now.  I might even kill for a steak.

Kill a cow, that is.  What did you think I meant?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.