Monday, March 11, 2013

Call Me Cookie

I don't know if you can see it, but the sign attached to the other wagon reads, "Girl Scout Cookies will make the rain go away!"  That's a lofty promise to make...but cute!


Cammie's been selling a ton of cookies in the last couple of weeks, and this is the final week of the sale.  She's going to be in front of stores three days this week, trying to make up the last 20 boxes to her new goal of 300.  She stayed late at the coffee hour on Girl Scout Sunday and a lady came in and bought 20 boxes after the rest of the girls had gone home, so I petitioned the cookie mom to give her credit for those boxes.  We were the last ones there...everyone had been gone for 15 minutes or more.  I gave her some time to think about it (I really didn't petition that hard...just put the idea out there).  She eventually agreed after giving it some thought, so she's now up to 288 boxes.  12 more boxes and she's got it.  If she can't sell 12 boxes in four hours, we'll really need to work on her people skills.


More than anything, we'll need to do the big sell on the Operation Cookie Drop so our nation's finest can get a special gift while in the most dire of circumstances, and know that we're thinking of them and appreciate everything they do for us.

Even if they're goofing off.

Took a lovely walk this evening to find a Geocache hidden in that tree over there...that's #37!  I think I might be able to make it to 43 by my 43rd birthday.  Hard to believe that I'm going to be 43.  This 40 business is getting serious.  I'm buying myself a completer kit for the Geomate Jr.  When it does find a cache, it works really well!  Makes finding them a lot less troublesome.  The way I have to do it sometimes is by looking at the clues, looking at the map, using the GPS coordinates on Googlemaps to get a satellite view...it's time consuming and frustrating when the map shows a cluster of trees and there aren't any good hints from other cachers.  Then I'm just stumbling around in the woods, finding nothing but blackberry brambles and puddles.  Bleh.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot find my way out of a wet paper bag, and I doubt that a GPS would help me too much. Hooray for Cammie and the cookie sales! Hooray for you too, she didn't do it by herself. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.