Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Free Motion Quilting

I was introduced to a fantastic site:  the Free Motion Quilting Project!  This young gal, Leah Day, has created over 365 different free motion quilt patterns for home or long arm machines.  There are simple, complex and really complex patterns that you can do on virtually any sewing machine.  This gives me a challenge to do a bunch of them on various quilts I have laying around and bring my long arm quilting to a whole new level.  I'm working on Tara's friendship quilt from Common Threads that she gave to me more than a year ago, testing out patterns #31, Lava Paisley and #112, Rainforest Leaf for this split half-square triangle block.

I tried to go geocaching again, but I was having difficulties with my phone's GPS.  The thing keeps directing me about 20 meters further west than where I'm supposed to be.  This is more than just a little inaccurate, and in looking for the caches today, I would have needed hip waters...or snorkel gear.  I knew what area it was supposed to be in, but I couldn't find it.  This six-month-old cache said that it was covered in moss as part of the clue, but everything was covered in 2" of dead leaves, something the guys may not have taken into consideration back in June.  Another one told me *exactly* where to look in the hints, and ignoring the GPS coordinates on the phone, I couldn't find that one, either.  I need to find a cheap GPS unit that'll get me there.  Otherwise, this is no fun.  It doesn't help that these passionate cache hiders are seemingly obsessed with hiding the micro size tubes.

I met someone for lunch, but had to leave just after the food arrived because Emma is sick.  I'm not feeling all that well, either, but it may have been the Benadryl.  And now I'm supposed to drive.  Don't y'all feel safe on the roads?  Good luck to all of us....especially on this election day.




1 comment:

  1. That quilting is way too dense--it would take forever to do a large quilt in that design. But I do look forward to seeing your future attempts.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.