Thursday, October 11, 2012

String Theories

Last weekend, I ran the Ithra, as you may remember.  While I was there, I was given a giant bucket of yarn.  Donna had gotten it from Reneta before she left for Europe (with an unknown return date, although she is back now).  It contains a lot of wool blend stuff that Donna can't use--she's allergic to wool, so she can't use any of it.  I gave several skeins of yarn to Bekah this evening and started her on a hat project.  She knows how to knit, but hadn't ever done anything in the round and wanted to learn to knit a hat, so I looked up an easy project for her and loaned her some size 4 DPNs.

Then there was this bag...also from Reneta.  This one is filled with partially finished sweaters...complete with three sets of circular needles!  There are at least two single socks and three sweaters in various states of completion, and a bunch of skeins of Fisherman's Wool.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with the partially finished ones.  There are two nice looking sleeves and I don't know if there is a sweater body that goes with it.  If I can chart the pattern of cables, I will see if I can create a cardigan to go with it.

Now I have to figure out what Donna wants for it.  Maybe I could trade her a bunch of quilting for it. Will work for yarn.

1 comment:

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.