Monday, October 1, 2012

Ah, the dreaded inside voice...

I got all 81 blocks done for this quilt top. 

82.  Yes, I had one left over because although I spent thousands of dollars on a university degree, I apparently can't count up to 81 successfully....or maybe I'm just an over-achiever?

I cleared off the "design wall" to lay out the blocks for a photo op.

Also known as the flannel bed sheet pinned to the wall...that I just realized is the other half of the flannel sheet set that I put on the bed and wondered where the flat sheet went...that was about three days ago...told ya I wasn't that bright....  

I carefully placed all the 9-patches on the flannel... 

...as high as I could reach...

...and stood back to take a picture.

Since there's a rather large sewing machine in the middle and I don't care for standing on chairs that both swivel and roll, I stood to the side to take this elegant shot.  By the time I stepped aside, three blocks slipped out of place.  Ah crap.  So what?  Take the picture anyway.

I have some green fabric that I plan on using for the sashing...

...that I will likely run out of 3/4 of the way through the cutting...

...and I want to frame it in more green and maybe some yellow.  I love yellow!

I also like green...and periwinkle...and rich reds...who am I kidding?

I'm a kaleidoscope of fun!

Or a kaleidoscope of psychoses! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.