Monday, October 3, 2011

Survey Monkey

I wrote a letter to my local representative recently about the lack of light rail in our county, despite having paid taxes for light rail for the last 15 years.  The rail that does exist is servicing only King county.  I get really angry about the "transportation taxes" being collected from several counties and all the money stays in Seattle to "fix" their issues.

Then I got a card in the mail from the Washington State Transportation Commission (addressed personally to me, "CURRENT RESIDENT") that asked if I wanted to participate in a survey about that very subject.  Oh, they want to hear from me!!  Some of the questions are redundant, but they were asking if I objected to increasing taxes (gas taxes in Washington are the highest in the country already), and adding tolls on busy roadways, increasing the numbers of occupants in HOV lanes and if the funds collected from a toll that should stay with that project only...duh!  There were some areas left open for comments, so I said that I thought money collected for transportation should stay in the county that they are collected in.  I had many, many more opinions.  I don't know if they'll listen.

Girl Scouts is coming along.  Today we had a full lesson in embroidery.  Unfortunately, I don't think that 90 minutes is enough time to do a silly opener AND do a project.  We really need two hours to really get into a project and get some time to practice.

As for projects...quilting, none.  Knitting, none.  Blackwork, a little.  I used up all my energy on the troop meeting today.  I'm on the tail end of a chest cold and I've arrived at the painful cough part--I've been using the inhalers to try to help with the asthma that I inevitably get with my chest colds, but it's not doing much.  I'm not sleeping as well as I would like and I've got no energy to get much done.  I need to clear off the long arm and get a couple projects done, but I'm just too tired.

Bed.

1 comment:

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.