Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cammie had a birthday party with just a few friends.  She actually invited about 15 kids, but only four showed up.  Part of the problem is that we organized things at the last minute and many people already had plans. We didn't do anything elaborate--the kids played happily, ate pizza, ate cake & ice cream, watched TV, and opened presents.  A few of her presents arrived from relatives, including a card and check from one Gramma & Grampa, and a gift from her Grandma & Grandpa, and another from her cousin, Nate.  We'll have to be sure she writes thank you notes.

My friend, Avelyn, who built the yurt with me, made our adventure into a book!  This is an online thing you can do with Shutterfly, pasting your pictures in and adding captions, then they send it to you in a bound book.  What a cool idea!  

Ben had a fun day selling popcorn for the Cub Scouts--much more than I anticipated.  He's asked to go do some door-to-door selling in the neighborhood and do more site sales.  Who knew?  While he was out there, several people asked about his shiner.  How did he get it?  We're not sure.  He's not telling.  He was outside playing with his buddy, J, and came inside with the big, red welt on his cheek during the middle of the birthday party on Saturday.  I think it's about the size and shape of the handle of a scooter...I hope it wasn't one of the bigger kids in the neighborhood being reckless.  

Bekah and I went horseback riding today.  While my father is not the biggest fan of this activity, I'm still learning how to make the horse do what I want.  Turning in circles, walking backwards, trotting, cantering, and turning.  It's all a learning experience.  Not having done it for a while, I have some very sore parts that I haven't used much recently.  Oddly, it's my knees and my sit-bones.  Oof.

I have a ton of projects to take care of this week--I hope I actually make some progress now that the party is over.  Clearing out part of the sewing room and getting quilts on the frame is top priority!  Wish me luck!
K

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Cammie.
    And I'm a big fan of those Shutterfly books, too. They always turn out much better than expected.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.