Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A few new things

Last night, Ben's cup scout troop had their end of year ceremonies, advancing the boys to the next level and giving achievements to those who worked for them.  They had a barbeque at the park, serving hot dogs, salads and fruit.  They got all the boys gathered together and attempted to keep them quiet and civilized.  Difficult to do that with some of these guys...and no, Ben was not the worst of the offenders.  Not even close.  Here he is before, while he was still a tiger.  He couldn't find his hat...it's somewhere in his room.  Probably under his bed.

After:  a wolf!  He's growing up so fast.  What a handsome guy!  I guess they usually do a whole big ceremony with face painting and stuff, but they decided not to do that.  I don't know why, exactly, maybe it was lack of patience or time.  Or both.  Either way, it was continuing to be difficult to keep their attention and keep them all quiet for the brief ceremony.  

When I have a lull in my sewing, I have time to load up and quilt a project for the American Heroes quilts.  I had this on the frame for a few days, but I finally quilted it up this morning in preparation for the guild meeting tonight.  I hope Susan is there so she can take the quilt with her.  Now I only have three of these quilts left to finish.  It's taking me way too long to finish these, and it'll be nice to have them finished and out the door.

This sideways picture (that I can't figure out how to correct) is a retirement gift from Lauri to a co-worker.  It's a very "manly" quilt, isn't it?  I love the batiks she chose and the pattern she used (paper pieced, which appears to be her favorite).  It was quilted all over using a watery pattern (although it's not pictured here...I have been having chronic camera issues that I hope will be resolved soon!).

Lastly, I finished the tunic for Tyrssen.  I hand finished all the seams so that it will withstand washing and wearing a little better, extending the life of the tunic.  I hope it fits!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.