Friday, May 30, 2014

Fortnightly Post

Yeah, it's been few and far between.  The end of the school year is nigh and things always seem to ramp up in May.  The play practices increased and then they performed.  The Middle Schoolers did the junior version of Fiddler on the Roof.  Bekah was our consultant for the play, being a Jew.  She gave them a "Jewsultation" (her word) and taught them some of the traditions of living as a Jew in Russia.  Some of the traditions they got wrong...but given that it's a group of Catholic kids...not too bad.
Here are a few photos:











Ben went to see the play with Kelly and the next day, he decided to be the Fiddler on the Roof.

You can't make this stuff up.

Beads I made last week...I was going along great...then ran out of gas.  I went to re-fill the blue tank that I use but the big tank outside was empty.  Boo.


Kelly went and re-filled the large propane tank a few days later, which meant I could re-fill the small blue propane tanks.  These are some beads I made yesterday:


Beads I've made today:
Portrait: The first 6 today



I just received some fabric in the mail to make another tunic for Tyrssen.  I started another one that I cannot find ANYWHERE.  I remember taking it to an event to sew the hems by hand, and I haven't seen it since getting home.   I've got to continue organizing things and unpacking bins and baskets--it's gotta be around here somewhere!  When I do find it, I can bill him for this purple tunic.  I hope to get it to him by mid-July so he can take it to Pennsic with him.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Love the beads, wish I could have seen the play. I think you need a few more hobbies! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.