Friday, November 30, 2012

Week in Review

So from a prolific weekend to a week of chaos...

Sunday, we got home from the hospital--late, as it turns out--and I directed Kelly to order pizza so everyone could just eat when they had the chance.  Ben and I got home around 7:00, ate, and eventually got to bed.  Ben was on a goofy schedule from the hospital, so he didn't get to sleep until very late--after 11 pm, so he was groggy in the morning.

Monday, I got the kids off to school after running Ben through all his medications.  There are two meds that he had started before his hospital stay, and the doctors decided that he needed to continue those for two more weeks.  OK...but this adds about 30 minutes to the regimen in the morning and it causes chaos to his meals since he can't have dairy within two hours of taking one of the medications...that means we finish his night feeds at 6 am so we can give him his meds at 8 am, then he can't have milk until 10 am.  That makes it OK for lunch and after school snacks, but dinner has to be timed correctly before we give him his nighttime feeds again.  Juggling complicates things.

Then the after school nuttiness with karate & cub scouts and homework...then it's suddenly bedtime, then it's past bedtime, then it's GO TO BED ALREADY!

Tuesday, Ben had a better day since he wasn't exhausted from the night before.  After school was Girl Scouts, which I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to, but I was there!  We made some Christmas decorations from pony beads and buttons.  Totally fun!  Unfortunately, Ben was still there and he was getting underfoot and causing chaos.  Kelly wasn't able to get there to take him away until 4:45.  We finished at 5:00.  He took him off to his therapy thing and I slapped a dinner together.

Wednesday, was another crazy day of school, karate, and homework.  I went shopping for some new pants at And inexplicably, my back started to hurt.  The muscles tensed up and have been spasming since.

Thursday was my "slow" day, but since my back was still sore, I decided to go to the doctor after I dropped off the kids.  I don't have a regular doc, so I went over to the walk in clinic.  He asked what I was doing when it started to hurt, and amazingly, I wasn't doing anything.  I was sitting in a chair.  He decided to run some tests and the only thing he came up with is that I have inflammation.  No kidding, really?  He suggested that I talk to a GI guy about the colitis (which *may* be related to the back spasms), or maybe I'm just really stressed out.  Gosh, ya think?

At least Bekah came over and we had Thanksgiving Part II...I got turkey breast, red potatoes, frozen pie and pre-made rolls.  Then I started to think how fun it would be to do a Redneck Thanksgiving...have things like Spam, tater tots, biscuits, and Hostess Fruit Pies...although I'd have to find a substitute for the Hostess brands, now.  Yee-haw!  Then I gave Bekah the 101 on quilting--ironing and cutting fabric!

Friday...oh the fun continues!  TRAFFIC COURT!  That's right, ladies & gentlemen...I got my first-ever American speeding ticket.  After fretting about it for days, I went in with all the other infractioneers and we waited our turn and were called up alphabetically.  A few people before me, a guy we'll call Mr. M., was called up for a speeding ticket...which he received driving a car that was not his...was borrowed...without permission...twice...and they dealt with both speeding tickets he received, even though the other ticket wasn't going to be dealt with until January.  Eventually, it was my turn.  I was called forward and they knocked my ticket from $124 to ... $100.  Really?  That's it?  All that fretting was NOT worth $24.  Well, $21 since I had to pay for parking.

I'm going to go take my Vicodin and contemplate my navel.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your back feels better soon. I was having arm pain a few days ago, but that's finally feeling better. I think I'm getting old. =(

    ReplyDelete

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.