Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Whoops Day!



Hump day turned into Whoops day.

I didn't get the sleeve sewn onto the Stars and Chains quilt...didn't even go find some fabric to make the sleeve.  Time slipped by and it just didn't happen.  Whoops!

I figured I'd get a chance to do it tonight and be ready to turn it in Thursday morning.  Then I got a phone call during dinner...where were my quilts and was I planning on showing them this weekend?  Uh....I thought they were due tomorrow!  Nope...they HANG them tomorrow, but they NEED them TODAY!  Whoops!


I started quilting the third of the customer quilts that I needed to have done by Saturday.  Loaded it up, selected the thread, and started quilting.  I checked the back, but not good enough.  After the first pass, I turned the quilt and found that the tension was all off.  Whoops!


I spent another hour tearing out the stitching so that I can re-stitch it.  I was able to (mostly) retrace my stitches.  It's now ready for Kathy C.

After Ben and I delivered the quilts to the show site, we went to find four Geocaches in town before it got too dark to search for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.