Thursday, April 25, 2013

Wait, what? Thursday?

The week has flown by, hasn't it?

The flowers are blooming:

These were a tall tree that created a canopy over my car.  Aren't they pretty?

I finally picked up my ceramic art from the pottery place.  This was a design that we found online (it's a Celtic E).  The guy on the left apparently has no nose.  Sorry, dude.


The back of the mug looked really plain, so I put together this design.  Unfortunately, the green and yellow turned out very similar.  I thought that was a darker green.  Bummer.


I'm working on finishing a quilt that I started ages ago.  It was supposed to be a Flying Dutchman block, which is supposed to look like this:


Sadly, I sewed them all together wrong, so it looks like this:

Not to worry, it still looks cool, but instead of having pinwheels to fly with, it has Friendship Stars in it...so I'm calling the Friendly Dutchman block.  I added a 3" white border and a border of Flying Geese blocks.  However, it's not big enough to fit the King bed, so I decided to add another 3" white border and a border of more triangle blocks, called Broken Dishes.  This is what it will look like when it's done:


Here is one of the Broken Dishes blocks.  I have to make 52 of them and I will alternate the direction so it'll look like zig-zags around the edge.


I'm trying to watch the Hobbit, but I never finished reading the book...which I tried to do years ago.  I don't remember most of the story, except that this hobbit guy went for a long walk with a bunch of annoying guys whose names all rhyme...Hokey, Pokey, Loki, Jokey, Snooki, Pookey...I don't know.  And there's a tall wizard named Gandolf.  The rest is a mystery.  Kelly's not due back til tomorrow, at which time, he might be able to act as translator for me.  Right now it's just making me tired.  Maybe I should just go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. At least you sewed them ALL wrong so it looks like you did it on purpose. The quilt is pretty. =)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.