Tuesday, January 7, 2014

On the 12th Day of Christmas...I put all the crap away

There it is...all packed up for another 300 days.  The kids had a great time putting all the stuff out, assembling the tree, hanging the stuff on the "branches" and wrapping garland around the stair rails...and I got to stuff it all back in the buckets.  There were a few things that failed to make it into the buckets last year that ended up floating around the house for a year.  I think I got MOST of it put back this time.  I'm still waiting on a couple of stockings to be put into the top bucket, then it'll all go back out to the garage.

I've been giving it some thought, after stuffing it all in the buckets, that I might need to get another bucket.  There is one more that isn't pictured here that we didn't even pull down this year.  Clearly I already have too much stuff, but a couple of the buckets are so full, you have to put a heavier bucket on top of it to keep it sealed.  I either need to thin out the collection or spread it out a bit more.  I think I'll ruminate on it for a year.

Yesterday I was dragging my fanny all day after getting only four hours of sleep.  I knew if I took a nap, I'd feel better, but then I might have trouble getting up to fetch kids or more trouble getting to sleep the next night.  SO...I just dragged all day.  I got some work done on my Costumer's Guild Scholar challenge (which I won't actually be able to challenge until there's a Costumer's Guild...but you know...baby steps).  I've decided to do early to mid 1500s Tudor Working Class woman's costume.  I also want to do a full costume for Kelly, which I actually *started* and *planned* some things...so maybe I'll do that first...or at the same time.  Why not?  I'm an expert at multi-tasking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.