Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Festivities Parte the Firste

Kelly found this at some store.  I had long been advised by my wise father never to eat the yellow snow...so I may just put that back on the shelf.


Last night was the school's annual Christmas program.  It seems to get shorter every year.  The music teacher has been with the school for about four or five years.  The first year, the Christmas program ran REAAAAAALLLLLLY long--getting out to the car by about 10:30 pm, so those little elementary kids got to bed REAAAAAAALLLLLLY late, which made it all the more fun for the teachers and parents the next day.  This year, we were out by 9 pm.  There wasn't much of a nativity program, although the 8th graders did a short play about doing unto others.  Then they all changed into nativity costumes and just posed around the little wooden manger, kneeling on the hard stage for quite some time.  Bekah, who came with us, wondered if any of them brought knee pads.


Cammie played in advanced band (we didn't get a chance to get her some nice black shoes).


She also sang with her class.

Ben performed with his class--unfortunately, the mic stand was right in his face.

And with the whole school as they lined up for the opening number.



This morning was supposed to be a late-start & early-release day at school, but we were greeting by this dusting of new snow today.  While it wasn't much, it was enough to cause some dangers on the road, so they did the wise thing and cancelled school.  Not worth it for a half-day anyway.  So we are now on our holiday!  



Yesterday, Camille decided that she wanted to make fried rice by herself, so she dug around in the fridge, found some leftover rice, bok choy and celery and fried it up with an egg and soy sauce.  It was really good!  A budding chef!

I saw this online as I was shopping, and although this isn't the time to do shopping for yourself, I couldn't resist.  Go USMNT!  I also ordered a couple of bumper stickers for Kelly and myself.  Let's hope that the US performance in Brazil goes well!  Wish I could be there for it, but...kids...cost...the usual.


I wish I had something more for Kelly for Christmas.  I can never think of anything for him--techno guys are so hard to shop for.  I didn't have much trouble coming up with something for my nephew, but it was a whirlwind 24 hours getting it done.



I still feel like I have to get something organized (besides the house for visitors) or wrapped or...something is missing.  Can't quite put my finger on it.  Hopefully it'll make itself known soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.