Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Happy Birthday, Benjamin!


I went to the grocery store bakery to pick up some cupcakes, and was sad to discover that:
1) the bakery lady is routinely late--her excuse is that she has to take two kids to daycare before work.  Somehow that makes showing up late OK.
2) the bakery doesn't make fresh cupcakes and cakes--they're baked and then frozen.
3) the cupcakes available in their case was decorated during Bring-Your-Chimp-to-Work day.  

Exhibit A:
Given the low selection, I selected this as one of the less offensive bunches of cupcakes.  

 Exhibit B:
This was not chosen, but I couldn't help myself...I had to take a picture.  Here we have 10 of the 12 Dwarves... including Happy, Dopey, Grumpy, Squinty, Quirky, Tweaky, Apathy, and Nausea.

The good news is that Benjamin liked they way they tasted.  I mean, it's cake and frosting...what could possibly go wrong?

We're going out for sushi dinner to celebrate, followed by gifts and an experimental "tie dye" cake.  Served on the Birthday Plate, the tie dye cake turned out pretty good!  I'll have to try it again to see if I can marble the colors a little more, but the kids were pretty excited to see the inside.

Ben blew out the candles while Kelly assembled his new Razor scooter!  He also got some Legos, a Fluxx card game, an XBox version of Skylanders, and some "mystery" Legos (little $2 packets of a Lego toy, but you don't know what it is until you open it).  He said, "I feel like a lucky man!"

2 comments:

  1. (Great, now I want a cupcake.) Happy Birthday to Benjamin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Benjamin! Love the tie-dye cake.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.