Thursday, August 30, 2012

The *Right* Dress!

Look!  It arrived!  This is the dress that she wanted!  It's adorable and fits just right (yes, it's extra large...).  We ordered from a company called Cosplayfu.com.  Despite the rough start getting the wrong dress, they corrected it right away and Emma is very happy with this dress!

The one thing I'm going to fix on it is the "lace" around the elbows.  It's awful.  I'm going to the fabric store tomorrow and I'm hoping I can find a half-yard of wide lace and a spool of dark red ribbon.  The other odd thing is that the big bow on the front and another one on the back are pinned on with a big ol' safety pin.  I'm going to sew it on the back, add a hook and eye, and some snaps on the jacket.

She was really excited to have also received the gloves--she didn't think they were included in the kit, but perhaps they added that as a bonus?

They never did tell me what to do with the *wrong* dress.  It's still sitting in a pile in her room.  I'm going to have her hang it up and I'll see if I can find a garment bag to keep it in until we figure out what to do with it.

I have been working on a recap for the quilt show.  Just a few notes as to what was done well, what could be improved, and other observations.  I'm up to six pages.  Hopefully the next group who does the show takes some of my thoughts into consideration.

Ben is spending a few days with Grandma & Grandpa.  He left with them today on their way back from Lake Chelan.  It was a rather large pile of stuff--one small suitcase and two more suitcases worth of medical equipment and supplies.  I think the yurt takes up less space.  Cammie will go camping with me this weekend and Emma will stay home with Kelly, and I'll pick up Ben on the way back home.  I guess that I need to pack light to save room for all the medical crap and bring a booster seat for the little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.