Monday, April 16, 2012

Mid-April

I keep thinking that it's almost the end of the month, and then I realize that it's actually just the middle of the month.  Tax day.  Then I realize that it must just *SEEM* like the end of something.

Today was a crazy day--woke up early and took the girls to school, then drove down to see a neuropsychologist to discuss Ben's ongoing issues with school.  He was happy to get another day off school, but wary about out trip to a "doctor".  Then I told him that this doctor doesn't have any needles.  Much better.

The appointment was set to last for up to three hours, and of course, I had to park on the city streets in Seattle where the meters only go up to 2 hours, so at the 2 hour mark, I went out and fed another small fortune into the meter for another 90 minutes, only to find that we were released within 25 minutes.  Ah well.

Returned home and had lunch with Mr. B, then ice cream (for him), the bank, and finally the school to pick up the girls.  Then I spent 2 1/2 hours at the dojo between 3:30 and 8:00 pm, driving back and forth to pick up and drop off, cooked dinner and then FINALLY got to follow the doctor's orders and sit down, take some Advil and put my foot up with some ice.  So much for following doctor's orders.

Tomorrow is Girl Scouts, so it'll be interesting.  I think I'm going to teach them about Flag ceremonies and honoring the flag.  Oh, and maybe they'll have actually done the "homework" I assigned them on women in history.  I wrote down a bunch of names of inspiring women in history and asked them to look up who they were and why they were famous.  Some of the names included Rosa Parks, Mother Theresa, Marie Curie, etc.  Time will tell if I will actually continue being leader next year.  I'm feeling pretty wiped out lately.

We went to the CF family education day last Saturday (wearing our Sounders shirts!) and I met the mom of the girl who was across the hall from Ben at the hospital.  Her daughter is home now and is gaining a bit of weight again (yey!) and she was happy to have met me, too.  Her daughter "K" was wondering about how he was doing and if he'd gone home.  We were thrilled to give a glowing report of his health and improvement.  He's gained about three pounds since he got home and started his night feeds.  YEY!!

Time for bed.  More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.