Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Whoops...NOW it's day 8

Nothing very exciting to report.  Ben needs to eat more.  He had ice cream and cookies for dinner.  Apparently he doesn't like the cooking at the hospital.  Don't blame him, really.

Tonight I went to a Sounders game with Bekah, Kelly and the rest of Gang Green, including its newest member, Lauren (the pic is me and Bekah--our 2nd annual photo op for Sounders games...good thing you can't see how my hair was standing on end from static).  They were playing Santos Laguna, a Mexican team, for the CONCACAF quarterfinals.  Funny thing is the fans from Santos were scattered throughout the stadium and were yelling very naughty things in Spanish.  When our goalie kicked the ball back into play, they yell "Punta!"--literally translated to "asshole"--to which one of our fans responded to him, "We're winning!"  Bekah and I burst into giggles at how his childlike voice gleefully announced our impending victory.... and we won!!  2-1 in a very exciting game.  I was sure a fight was going to break out on the field a couple of times, and it seemed clear that the Santos team was playing rather rough and the ref wasn't calling them on the fouls like he should have.  They have to travel to Mexico now to play the second half of the 180 minutes, and hopefully they can hold the lead to go into the semi-finals.

We stopped at a deli before the game where I had the best turkey sandwich ever.  It's amazing how days of cafeteria food can make something so simple taste so extraordinary.

"Home" again and Ben is more interested in playing with a folding ruler than eating anything.  Sigh.  Eat your cookie, BEN!

1 comment:

  1. I so wish I couldn't be bothered to eat. I would likely be skinnier. =) Glad you're back home again.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.