Friday, January 20, 2012

Melting, but still trapped

The roads continue to be treacherous and icy, causing chaos and slippery conditions, ice falling from buildings and bridges, cars and trucks flipping over, and schools are still closed.  Our 3 day weekend turned into a 9 day weekend.  A few neighbors, however, decided to take lemons and make lemonade.  I thought they could have done well by offering rides to the grocery store for supplies.

So in the meantime, I'm working on Ithra, Girl Scouts, and generally just goofing around.  I need to get some quilting done.  I'm not inspired to work on the project that I have on the frame, but I need to write to the owner to get a replacement backing--I just can't use the 100% polyester made in China bedsheet on the back of an antique quilt.  I can't let that happen.  I wrote to the owner and begged her to give me something different or let me use something from my stash.

I was also looking through my old emails and found that pictures were posted for Grace's Hogwarts birthday party that Cammie went to a couple months ago.  There are lots of great pictures and great party ideas for future parties!  I was going to post a bunch of her pictures, but figured that all the descriptions of what's going on is so much better and my attempts would not only use up a lot of valuable photo space, but it would pale in comparison.  Read and enjoy...and now I want to make cauldron cakes!

Now for some less cheerful news.  Dad had a stress test yesterday and had some rather disturbing results, so is going in for an angiogram today to let him know what the next step is--could be bypass surgery.  Pray, if you're the praying sort.

Enjoy your weekend, stay warm, and have a hot cuppa...

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely outside. Hopefully you're not having to deal with too many shortages! We lucked out and our snow washed away the next day in rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending positive thoughts, prayers, etc. to your dad. You seemed to rock at teaching a certain remedial Hogwart's class one summer. Somewhere I have photographic proof. I envy your snow, but I'd only want three days of it at most... after that I'd have to drink heavily or commit murder. I hope the quilt owner listened to your advice.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry--I'm getting a lot of junk emails, so moderation is necessary. Maybe just allowing members of the blog to comment would be easier...or those with Google accounts...let me know if that would be easier.